Download Kate's Radio One Pager
Suggested Questions for Kate Walling of Secret Ingredients™
- You’re a young woman – why is preserving your family’s traditions so important to you and do you think other people your age feel the same as you do?
- What are some things people can do to preserve traditions in their families?
- Homemade baked goods and heirloom recipes make great holiday gifts. What are your tips for transforming a favorite recipe into a cherished gift?
- Is there a “right” way to record a recipe? What kinds of things should one include when writing down a recipe intended to be passed down through generations?
- What inspired you to create Secret Ingredients™ heirloom cookbooks?
- What are some of your family’s traditions?
- Do you have some tips for families who wish to start a tradition?
- You’ve written about the importance of creating time capsules for families. What types of things should a family include in a time capsule? How long should they wait to open it?
- How do your “roots” impact you today? How have your great grandparents and other distant relatives influenced the way you live your life?
- What is it about sharing a meal that makes for a great family tradition? Does it have to be formal or happen every single year? What is the “recipe” for tradition?